On behalf of the entire staff at San Jose Municipal Golf Course, we hope this message finds you well. We are happy to announce that the City of San Jose has allowed for golf to resume with required operational changes, sanitary practices and strict social distancing protocols in place.
Our number one priority is to follow the guidelines provided by the City and various health agencies in order to provide a safe environment for our employees and customers.
The reopening will be managed to help control social distancing by being cautious of all contact points throughout the golf experience.
The following list of standards will be followed and enforced on the golf property:
Hours of operation will be limited to ensure social distancing and to properly monitor the health order issued by the County of Santa Clara.
Facemasks are mandatory for everyone while in or around the Clubhouse area.
All staff will be required to wear masks. Gloves will be used by staff at customer contact points.
All fees will be paid with credit or debit card only.
Social distancing must be maintained throughout the golf experience by all persons who are not members of the same household. This includes but is not limited to:
- One customer in the pro shop at a time. Hand Sanitizer will be available at check in before and after use of the payment processing equipment.
- Practice putting green is available for warm up only and limited to four players at a time.
- One player is allowed on the tee at a time and one player is allowed on the green at a time. Continuous putting is required.
- Carts will be limited to one rider with one exception: Players from the same household my ride together.
- Driving range will be modified to meet Social Distancing requirements for every stall. Rubber tees will be removed
- Players must exit the property immediately after completing play.
- Loitering in parking lots or on the property is prohibited.
- Restaurant will be closed.
- A limited (to-go) food and beverage menu will be available at the snack bar window.
- Restrooms will be limited to use by one person at a time. Washing of hands will be encouraged and soap and hot water will be available for customer use.
Sanitary practices should be maintained throughout the golf experience. This includes but is not limited to:
- Rakes will be removed from bunkers.
- Inserts will be placed in cups so balls will not need to be retrieved from hole.
- Flags will have signage to not be touched or removed from cups.
- Ball washers will be removed and water fountains will be closed for use.
- Golf carts and keys will be sanitized before each use.
- Sanitizing stations will be provided at key points throughout the facility.
- Benches will be covered or removed.
- Range buckets will be sanitized prior to each use.
- Range balls will be sanitized prior to dispensing.
- Practice putting holes will be removed.
- Restrooms will be regularly sanitized, and sanitizing agents will be provided for customer use.
- Posting scores will not be available on site.
- Pencils and scorecards will be discarded after each use.
- Scorecard distribution boxes will be covered
- Golf club rentals will be unavailable.
- LImited golf cart rentals will be available on a first come first served basis. No reservations
- Pro shop will remain closed for merchandise sales.
- Organized events and gatherings are not allowed.
- Tee times will be available to be booked online and by phone.
- Employees will wear face masks as part of their required uniform. Gloves will be required in customer contact positions.
- Signage that is compliant with requirements from the Santa Clara County Health Department will be prominently displayed throughout the golf property.
- Staff will be active throughout the golf facility to enforce all City of San Jose and Santa Clara County Health Department requirements.
As circumstances evolve, we will accommodate any potential changes needed in our operation. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time as we are all working together to enjoy golf under safe and protective conditions.